Thursday, April 25, 2013

Windows updates

It always amazes me when I do Windows updates that Microsoft cannot seem to figure out how to update the computer without using Internet Explorer.

It seems to make sense that if you know -only Internet Explorer can be used to run Windows updates- that you'd bypass the default browser and open IE whenever someone clicks on the Update Windows link in the control panel. It's called prioritizing. Every parent has done it since the dawn of time. The youngest child can't bring home the mammoth for dinner so maybe I'll assign that task to the oldest child instead. Simple.

I'm also shocked that they still do this because I seem to recall, back in the '80s that Microsoft was forced to un-bundle IE and Windows. This seems like a blatant slap in the face to that court order.

I don't really care if they use IE for the updates, but I really despise the fact that they force me to open IE and manually enter the URL instead of simply passing on the URL properly in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment